Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Small things bring the biggest joy!

Little things are the biggest joys!  I love seeing the little faces of my grandkids.  Their smiles are shining and full of wonder and light.  The look of a child who is seeing new things for the first time is priceless.  They are pure, sweet, open and love the things they are experiencing for the first time, full of wonder and amazement.  My daughter-in-law posted of her 2 year old daughter looking into the Sea Lion Caves on the Oregon Coast.  Her little face was full of amazement and wonder as she looked through the fence at the Sea Lions.  Seeing her see something for the first time is so sweet.  She looked amazed, all a wonder.  What if we all looked at things in our lives with new wonder and amazement?  Would we feel the newness of a flower, a sunset, a smile from a friend, a hug from our spouse, a smile from a stranger, a kind word from a loved one?  Would we help others to feel of our amazement at life?  Giving others the simple and small things to bring more joy into their lives will bring us more joy at the small and simple things.  Call a friend, call a family member, hug your kids, smile and laugh with your family, be silly sometimes, run outside into the rain or snow, be positive and loving, give others the benefit of the doubt, don't be so sensitive, smile more.  Little things can bring us the greatest joy.  These things do not cost money.  Decide to be happy and to remember what it's like to enjoy the simple little things everyday that are such blessings to us.  Be positive and less critical, happy and less sad, motivated and less lazy, full of love and less cynical, more creative and less annoyed at life.  There is beauty all around, right in front of us.  Children grow up before our eyes.  Enjoy every stage and every moment.  Enjoy every smile, every hug.  Pay attention to their little voices when they talk to you.  Make them feel safe, loved and important at a very early age.  THEY are the future of your family and will grow up to raise their children the way you've raised them, and improve upon that even.  As I watch my adult children teach and nurture their own children, I see them doing an even better job than I did.  I am so grateful for this.  I see them teaching by example and by helping them to understand with patience.  Small things do bring the biggest joy!  This phrase spoke to me and makes me think of my children and grandchildren.  They are my biggest joys!  

No comments:

Post a Comment