Thursday, January 8, 2015

Resistance or Flow?

Today I watched a bird flying in the wind.  It flew against the wind for a bit, but as you know, when the wind is strong, birds don't fly against the wind, they are still, not moving much, with their wings outstretched staying in place as the wind keeps them there.. The bird was at a stand still when it flew against the wind.  Then the bird made a smooth turn and let the wind carry him as he eased across the sky and I imagined his happiness at the ease of flying with the wind.  I don't know what it means, but it made me happy to see the bird.  It almost seemed to like to turn and be at a stand still once in a while and take in the resistance of the wind.
Do we appreciate our surroundings and just stand still and be happy in our moments now and then?
I feel like taking control of when we take it all in and stand still, then turn and run with the flow of our blessings coming to us in our lives is up to us.  Watching the bird was joyful, peaceful.  I put myself in his position and didn't feel like the winds were pushing me, but that I was working WITH the winds of change and circumstance for my life.  Just an observation today.  Felt good to Look Up and notice nature and life around me.  I saw the bird at the Dumont Sand Dunes in Southern California today.  My husband and I were picking up a rental trailer out there together.  We spent the day together and it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment