Sunday, November 16, 2014

I love Music

Today I sang a duet in church. It was a little scarey, but I was pretty calm.  I had a phone call a couple weeks ago from my friend asking me to sing a song with another woman in my church.  We practiced last week and then again this afternoon before church and that's it!  This afternoon I was kind of struggling with a part or two in the song, trying to get my note on the key change and beginning of the new verses. I was a little worried.  Kind of.  The my friend who asked us and was our accompanist on the piano said we should pray together.  Great idea, I needed it!  So we said a prayer and the next run though the song was perfect.  Felt great.  I had some confidence.  During the meeting I was pretty tired, and when it came time for us to sing, I walked up there like I was having an out of body experience or something.  We sang and it went very well.  The song was an arrangement of For The Beauty Of The Earth.  Three verses and all different. First verse, unison. Second verse, me melody and soprano had a descant.  Third verse, I had a low alto part, ending in unison.  Kelly said it was great. :)  I know prayers are answered and it calmed me to know that my Heavenly Father gave me the peace and calm I needed to sing all the right notes.  I love music. I enjoy sharing my talents.  It isn't always easy, but I enjoy it a lot.  I am playing organ for a Christmas song with the piano and choir in December, and playing my flute to a song.  I'm also singing in the ward and stake Christmas choir for the programs. I'm thankful my mom encouraged me.  I'm thankful I had an excellent teacher who motivated me.  She set a good example. Played soooo amazingly well!  Mrs Jeannie Miller in Simi Valley CA. 1973-1979 is when I had lessons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment