Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Cruise Vacation!

We went on a 35th Wedding Anniversary Cruise to Catalina Island and Ensenada Mexico!   We went on the Carnival cruise ship Inspiration and it was so relaxing and great.  We talked, laughed, ate, walked, rested in the sunshine, watched the seagulls, walked downtown Mexico, walked around quaint Catalina Island, and simply enjoyed each other's company.  Kelly is a very caring, loving husband and I enjoy being with him, traveling and seeing different places together,  
 This was on one of our 'relaxing' times in the chairs, just listening to the music being played.  Kelly had a book and I had some crocheting to do.  The weather was perfect, thank goodness!  Some cruises can turn out to be nightmares!  Lol!  Not ours!  We had perfect, pleasant weather the whole time.
 This is Mexico from the ship.  We did walk into town and did some window shopping.  As we were walking around, of course all the vendors are trying to get your attention and sell their wares.  I was thinking, what would I really need or want to purchase here?  And it hit me, leather sandals.  I scoped out a place and there was a shop across the street, so we walked to the end of the street and crossed.. came to my shop and the guy was very nice.. started a conversation with us.  Not salesy at first.  Then I mentioned what I was looking for and spotted the perfect sandal.  We talked over prices and I gave him my size and he came out with these!  I love them!  and he gave me a bargain.. $20.  When someone else asked how much they were, he said $30.  :)  I got the deal!

This is our ship's view as we are taking the smaller ship over to Catalina Island.  Pretty cool!  Here's a shot with Kelly on Catalina Island, perfect weather and we walked all over.. so peaceful and nice.  We saw bright orange fish in the bay.  


We played miniature golf on the top of the ship one morning.  So fun and I was ahead at first, then Kelly went ahead of me and on the last hole, he threw his shot so we would be tied, no winner..  that's how he is.. wants me to be happy and he knows I'm competitive!  

Here I am on the deck when we are docked, eating breakfast getting ready to leave the ship.  I'm wearing a sweatshirt my sweet mother in law had made for me.. so cute!  



No comments:

Post a Comment