Monday, March 30, 2015

Family and church

I met with my brother last night, brought him dinner in his time share hotel that he is letting my husband and I stay in for a few days!  We had a wonderful visit, caught up and chatted a lot about family, business and life.  He's my older brother and I've always looked up to him.  He is generous, smart, hard working, faithful and kind.  I could go on.  We were close as teenagers and remain close and enjoy getting together when we can.  We've been able to see each other more this past Winter.. we live closer to him in the Wintertime.   He always has a smile and cares so much for his family, not only his wife and children, grandchild, but his sisters and parents and extended family as well.

Sunday, the day I missed blogging, (shame on me huh!  I can't let it get me down or stop me, I cannot change what happened yesterday, only move on to doing better!) I went to church with my husband and enjoyed being in my sacrament meeting.  I was sitting there listening to the prelude music and it was time for the meeting to start.  One of the young men came to the row behind us and I thought it was odd because his family was sitting in front of us..  he tapped me on my shoulder and asked if I would come up and lead the opening song.  There was no director yet.  Our music chorister is pregnant and due anytime now.  She's a first time mom and so sweet and leads the music every Sunday.  So I said "sure"  I jumped up and turned to the page in the book to the song we were singing and led the opening song.  As the song began, our chorister came up front and was there just a tad late.. she led the rest of the songs for the meeting.  I was happy to be able to serve and fill in when there is a need.  I am comfortable leading music in either a congregation or a choir.   I love doing it.

Today, Monday, my husband and I have been able to work at a time share that my brother said we could use for a few days until he and his wife and daughter can come and enjoy some time away.  He had to work for a couple days and they had to use the time share, so he was so generous and didn't want the place "to go empty".  I plan on going swimming tomorrow afternoon!  Kelly (my husband) and I have enjoyed working here and chilling and enjoying the beautiful resort room.

Until tomorrow.  Lessons learned:  Serve when needed.  Love your family.  Do things together as a married couple to kindle your relationship.  Relax now and then.  Slow down and enjoy some time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment