Thursday, August 1, 2013

Getting Real

Ok, getting real with myself.  Accountability and all.. set an example and do MY best.  I just did a body scan on myself.  It's been a while.  I have some serious work to do!  I am not happy with this.  I know I can improve, so not worried, but wow, didn't realize I was like this right now.  I'm good with the size that I am, size 6, but I had no idea that my body fat % was so high!  I've been slacking and backsliding.  So... this is the real part here.  My body fat is 38.2% (Yuck it was at 31.4 in Jan) and muscle mass is 25.0%   At least my internal body age is one less year than I really am.. 50.  My resting metabolic rate is 1308.  I will work hard and keep these stats updated for me and anyone who wants to watch me change.  :)   My goal is to have my bodyfat % at between 21%-26% so I have a lot of work to do.  Another goal of mine is to lose 17 more pounds.  I am 5'3" and want to weigh 120. 

I have cut out eating sugar and I think that's a big part of what's going on.  My fat% went up because I haven't been paying attention to the amount of sugar I was eating.  I haven't had sugar for a week now so we'll see the numbers change.  Unfortunately I injured my knee running the other day and I'm having to rest that.  No running or even walking for now.  It hurts and I've never had knee problems before.  This is hard.  I'm hoping that it will heal, I'll give it time, then I'll start brisk walking again and doing spin and elliptical again.   I haven't been to the gym regularly for a few weeks and wow does it show.  I'm still in a size 6, but my weight and fat % is unacceptable to me.  Time to get on the plan more seriously.  I have the tools.  I will journal my food on www.ichange.com/coach/alainamun regularly.  Eat 1200 good calories of clean foods.  Enjoy two healthy meal shakes a day.  Get my 70-99 gr protein a day.  Get my 25 gr fiber a day.  Drink plenty of fluids a day.   Get a good night's rest everynight.  I will do those things and I'll body scan weekly and keep this blog updated. 

I have set a goal to exercise for 30 minutes 4 times a week.  Fat burning here we go! 


I CAN and WILL reach my goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment