Friday, July 7, 2017

Starting to feel better, but swelling happens!

Well, I swell when I'm on Prednisone.  My ankles decided to swell on one of our trips taking a trailer back up to Oregon.  The weather was warm and I didn't have sandals.  Ankle swelling was one of the first symptoms I had way back in Aug of 2013 actually.  No one knew why they were swollen then.  I had many tests done and nothing came up showing any troubles.  The only thing I didn't have done at that time was a colonoscopy, but who knew?   This time here, shown in the photo, I called my Dr. and I had an appointment with him in May in Las Vegas, with my GI, Dr. Chen.  He prescribed a tablet for swelling, but when he described the side affects, I wasn't thrilled.  I think I took one tablet.  My swelling here went away pretty much on it's own.  Side affects were dehydration and leg cramps.  He suggested I drink an electrolyte type drink.  I did drink my Herbalife CR7 to help, but I only took one pill.  The RX is called Ferosemide.  20 mg tablet.  I was happy my swelling went away!  Yes!   

AND, my face... it is swollen here.  I'm a sort of chipmunk cheek anyway, but this is pretty prominent!  I had a break down about how I was looking not too long ago... I'm NOT used to the way I'm looking now.  I feel swollen and like I'm looking older than I'd like to.  The weight gain has been a contributing factor as well.  
Soooo....  it's on to weight loss again.  My sister and I have made a pact to be accountability partners for the next 6 weeks with each other.  We BOTH want to lose some weight before we go to Tucson for our Dad's 80th Birthday surprise get together with our other sister, brother and sister in law.  We started today, Friday the 7th.  I'm sending her my weight tonight, just bought a scale for where I live in the Summer.. I haven't had one handy for a couple months.  It's hard for me to NOT have a scale!  We'll weigh in every Friday morning to help each other stay on track.
I love my sister, she and I get along so great and we snapchap and text each other almost daily.
I am blessed, so blessed.  I have a wonderful family who loves me.  We love getting together when we can.
More tomorrow, I hope I can help someone.  I have a weight loss plan and I can coach anyone from anywhere.  It's an easy plan and I'm prepared to really stick to it!  I haven't been sticking to it very well while I've been feeling crappy, literally.  Lol  But I feel like I'm ready, things are improving.. Oh, I've stopped eating MEAT!  I haven't had meat for over a week now.  I think it's helping me.  I waiting for my GI to get me a RX of Simponi 2x a month, and that's taking forever and it's very frustrating.  I have a case manager at my insurance company and they are trying to get the RX moving for me as well.
There is always something to be thankful for.  I love my family, my husband and my kids and grandkids.  They are the best!
This is the whole bunch!  Love them all!  All of this from our 5 children.  They are a fantastic lot of people!  

No comments:

Post a Comment